View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #4
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
What should I look for in a camping trailer? We've never owned one but have had a camper van for many years. ...
I have nothing to suggest, MoneyGuy, but I am curious to hear your thought process on this.

We do enjoy driving far to see places, so comfortable travel is a factor. As our kids are getting less and less eager to travel with us, we have been talking about getting a camper van for ourselves but could never justify the cost/benefit. We are not the kind of traveler that camps roadside or deep in the back country. So, yeah, camper vans look very comfortable for long travels, especially some of the newer Mercedes Marco Polo vehicles, but they cost a fortune! And there is usually a hotel somewhere where we'd go.

Camper-trailers on the other hand give you more freedom with your own vehicle but seem like a total nuisance. Lots of effort to un-hitch, set-up, maintain. Driving with a trailer is also never that pleasant, from my limited towing experience.

Again, just wanted to learn more about your logic on this.