View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:06 AM   #217
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
So what DC was doing before obviously wasn't working. Theres a few OK movies depending on who you ask, but copying Marvel's approach failed for them. So now they are trying something different, this is a one off style movie showing us a new take on the origins of the Joker. I am ok with that, and I actually applaud them for trying to do something different.

I really like Phoenix as an actor, I think Walk the Line is one of the best actor portrayals of an existing character to date. I'm looking forward to what he can do with the Joker.

I think this is going to be something completely unique, something that people weren't expecting, and I think it is either going to be a love it or hate it response.

I will find this a bit refreshing as the same old plot bad guy beat em up origin to a sequel to a team up, whether it be DC, Marvel, Fox, Sony whoever.. is getting played out.
Actually I think the biggest issue is that they wanted to copy the Marvel formula but without spending the time or money to do it properly and effectively 'short-cutted' it with predictable results.

I mean, they literally made the big team-up tentpole climax movie movie without doing most of the origin story films first. They did it backwards and hell, most of the Justice League dont even have solo films yet.

Thats like if Infinity War came out right after Iron Man 1. People would be looking around wondering WTF is going on.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote