View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 09:40 PM   #216
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

So what DC was doing before obviously wasn't working. Theres a few OK movies depending on who you ask, but copying Marvel's approach failed for them. So now they are trying something different, this is a one off style movie showing us a new take on the origins of the Joker. I am ok with that, and I actually applaud them for trying to do something different.

I really like Phoenix as an actor, I think Walk the Line is one of the best actor portrayals of an existing character to date. I'm looking forward to what he can do with the Joker.

I think this is going to be something completely unique, something that people weren't expecting, and I think it is either going to be a love it or hate it response.

I will find this a bit refreshing as the same old plot bad guy beat em up origin to a sequel to a team up, whether it be DC, Marvel, Fox, Sony whoever.. is getting played out.