View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 01:31 PM   #3331
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
So when Sutter said he wished he had more time with Sam he was just publicly throwing Treliving under the bus for some other reason?
I'm also not sure how Sutter is supposed to answer the question, as I believe he was directly asked about Sam in that scrum.

I'm sure he would have liked more time with Sam, and I'm not sure it's even throwing Treliving under the bus.

Unfortunately with Sam already publically asking for a trade, and being a pending RFA, the fuse was already lit.

Bennett had played pretty well under Sutter too in the 16 games he played for him.

TOI: 188:54 (8TH Among forwards)
xGF%: 54.4% (5th)
GF: 9 (7th)
GA: 13 (2nd worst)

Goals: 1 (8th)
Assists: 7 (1st)

So he had started to show some flashes, and had a run where his on-ice shooting percentage was high, and save percentage was really low in that stretch.

But it wasn't like he turned it around overnight under Sutter either.

He literally went to Florida and it worked from the first second he stepped on the ice, and that's what makes me think it just wouldn't have worked out here.

Whether it's Huberdeau, the Panthers system, playing more at center, or Bennett just needing that fresh start and the warm Florida air...something worked for him there that wasn't working here, even with Sutter as coach.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote