View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #1759
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizaro86 View Post
Just want to add a shout out for cmyden's map. It's easily the best tool available for casting a wide net to find great deals. I use it every time I'm deciding where to go, and it's led me to great deals on flights to Australia and China. I've spent a significant amount of time looking at other options, but they're either crap (ie some of farecompare's stuff) or too specific for a general "good deal" search (itasoftware)
Thanks man! There's many ways it could be improved, but I think it's pretty awesome considering I'm just one guy with a server and a dream and not a company with a multi-million dollar budget like Kayak and FareCompare and a couple hundred programmers.

I'm always amazed that companies like this don't have more interesting and innovative tools considering the resources at their disposal.

If anyone else out there has some interesting travel tools that they've tried, please share.

For that matter, if there's anything that frustrates you about trying to plan a trip somewhere, or a 'I wish there was a way...' thought I'd love to hear it.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote