View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #1
Classic_Sniper
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Final Half of The Schedule: The Easier Half?

Took a look at the future schedule and I thought there were a few things that stood out to me that could offer up some optimism. So now that we’re officially half way in to our season, It’s possible that we may be entering the easier half of the schedule. When I look at the schedule going forward, there’s a few games that stand out to me. 3 games vs Arizona, 2 games vs Buffalo, 2 games vs Florida.

By no means are these games guaranteed victories or a free spot on the bingo card. But if the Flames can successfully take care of business and win these games however likely or unlikely it is, that could be 7 wins right there. Assuming it takes somewhere around 94 points to make the playoffs, we’d have to go 24-17 to obtain that record (or some other variation of 48 points) and if I were to include those 7 wins I mentioned, then potentially we would only need to go .500 against the other teams. I don’t think that’s too crazy at all. It’s very much possible that a lot of teams like the Oilers, Sens, Sabres and etc will be trading away players at the deadline as well making their teams more shallow which should help us.

Guessing the last 41 games and conservatively splitting the season series, I could see it going like this and getting us to the 94 points we will need.

Minnesota Wild W
Tampa Bay Lightning L
Florida Panthers W
Carolina Hurricanes W
Winnipeg Jets W
Buffalo Sabres W
Los Angeles Kings L
Edmonton Oilers W
Vegas Golden Knights W
Tampa Bay Lightning L
Chicago Blackhawks W
Chicago Blackhawks L