View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #2474
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I hope Nadal gets the easiest Wimbledon draw just to see this place explode.
I don't. Nobody should be getting that kind of treatment. It's excruciatingly bad for tennis and that Nadal draw should be considered one of the biggest farces in tennis history. All the other top seeds had to at least battle legitimate tour level players. Rafa literally got to go beat down challenger tour level (or worse) players in the first two rounds. To mentally have zero worry about your opponent for the first two matches of a major event because they are so woefully below your skill level is just not fair to the rest of the field.

With that said, I really don't think it would have mattered given how unbeatable Nadal's game is on the Roland Garros clay. 12 Majors in a career is something special and for him to win that many at one event is just unbelievable. For me, he really needs to win another grass or hard court major or two if he's going to legitimately challenge Federer or Novak for the greatest ever claim when it's all said and done. He's definitely not the same player he was on Grass or hard court anymore, but he should still challenge at those events for a few years if he can stay healthy that long.

Last edited by Hot_Flatus; 06-10-2019 at 09:53 AM.