View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 10:14 AM   #5448
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Based on the earlier conversation here, I took a quick look on Autotrader at some EV models....you guys weren't kidding about the cratering market. Some potentially interesting things I saw:

Audi Etron-GT. New starts at $145k...minus options/luxury tax etc. I'm seeing 2022's in the $80K's....that's almost a 50% drop in 2 years. Nik, this is your time to shine.

Mazda MX-30 - About $50k new, and you can find 2 year old ones with low miles in the low-mid 20s. Only 160km range, but if you got the right urban setup, that's a pretty good for a commuter. Most of the stock is in BC (or Quebec) though.

Ford Mach-E. New models start from $54K-72K...I'm seeing 2-3 year old ones in the low 30s. I remember the hype around these a couple years ago...so if you had your heart set on one, maybe it's time to pounce. There seems to be a ton of stock too (2600 for sale in Canada on Autotrader) so I'm sure you can negotiate down further. The F150 Lightning doesn't seem to have take as big of a hit, but those don't seem to be selling well either, so might just be a matter of time.

Tesla Model 3's seem to have also taken a hit...probably a bit part of it is Hertz liquidating their stock affecting the market.

I'm not an EV guy...but if prices crater far enough, I just might be.
Their transmissions are also exploding, so they're getting hit extra hard. I think I'll sit this one out haha.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote