View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #79
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
And as my Trekkie high-school English teacher would point out, full of Shakespeare.
Christopher Plummer was a great choice for a Shakespeare quoting villain.

The best line in that whole movie was during the final battle when Plumber was quoting Shakespeare and Bones muttered "I'd give real money if he would shutup"

When I look back at those movies, the casting was incredibly good. In terms of my list of top Star Trek outsiders

1) Kahn (ST 2) - Ricardo Montalban. We first saw him as Kahn in Space Seed. He established a strong and somewhat sympathetic villain who thought that his actions were justified "The world needed order". when we see him years later, he's become obsessed with vengence when Captain Kirks actions lead to the death of his wife. He did an incredible job of being Ahab to Kirk's white whale, and in the end you could almost feel sorry for him, as he was a man who lost everything in his thrirst for vengence

2) Kruge (ST 3) - Christopher Lloyd was a relative unknown at the time, best known for playing the Reverend Jim on Taxi. He really invented the modern day Klingon. He chewed the scenary fiercely and threw himself into being a ruthless ambitious Klingon Captain. He had some great lines

"Sir they outnumber us 10 to 1"
"We are Klingons"

3) Christopher Plummer (ST 6) - another actor who embraced being Klingon, he was almost the Klingon version of Kirk, but with an obsession with Shakespeare. When he was hunting Kirk and you heard the chilling

"I can see you Kirk, can you see me" You knew it was on.

4) Kim Catrtell (ST 6) - Valeris, Originally the traitor was going to be Savik, but Kim Cattrell bought a whole new dimension to a player that until she was revealed you would have a hard time seeing as a cold hearted villain.

5) Kirstie Allen - (St 2) - did an amazing job as Savak. She was very much a flaw Vulcan and if you were any kind of Star Trek fan its hard to watch her reaction to Spocks death and not curse those damn onions.

HM

Mark Lenard, Kurkwood Smith (as Federation President he should have ordered someone to put a boot up the Klingon Empires a$$), Alice Kreig (ST First Contact), Malcolm Macdowell (First contact)

Worst non main casting decisions

Tom Hardy (ST Nemisis) - This whole movie was such a mess, and the script writing and dialogue for this character killed Tom Hardy's ability as an actor. When he asked Troi if he could touch her hair, I almost threw a shoe. He just couldn't create a believable villain.

Laurence Luckinbill (ST 5) - Maybe I had trouble with an emotional Vulcan, but he was so flat in this movie and never made for a great Villain or even anti-hero.

F Murray Abraham (St Insurrection) - Besides the fact that this movie was shockingly surpassed by Nemisis as the worst trek movie is surprising because this movie is so terrible. Abraham who is normally a strong character actor created a carboard villain who was missing a twirly mustache.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote