View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 04:15 PM   #209
Freeway
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada 02 View Post
Coronato has been on the top line with Farrell all season. Both play with Laferriere on the #1 PP, otherwise Laferriere is on the 2nd line. Farrell and Lafferiere are having great college season's. I would love if they were Flames prospects. Their success does not diminish Coronato.

Many factors can affect linemate production. Look at Gaudreau and Lindholm last season - nearly 30 points separating the line mates. Like Lindholm, Coronato is the defensive conscious of that line, which frees up Farrell to take offensive chances. Also, when it was clear that Farrell was in the Hobey hunt, he was double and triple shifted to pad his stats. Finally, just my speculation, I think Coronato has had a nagging injury. His shot hasn't looked right at times. He played center most of the first half of the season, then for 6 games he was moved to RW. For the last 2 games he was moved to RW again. Guessing he has a hand or wrist injury that affects his ability to take faceoffs, and perhaps his shot as well. He is still over point/game, and is among the leaders in the nation for goal scoring.

One of Harvard's regular centres and team captain, John Farinacci, was dealing with an injury and didn't play his first game until January. That was the primary (but probably not only) reason Harvard used Coronato as a centre for the first half.

"Does a great job covering the Flames" - Elliotte Friedman
Freeway is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Freeway For This Useful Post: