View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 11:50 AM   #9506
Naitix
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I think Flames most definitely need to replace Stone on D, he has not been near the level that you need your 6th D to bring if you are aiming to make a dent in the playoffs. He is fine as the guy who comes in and plays some games but we can't go into playoffs with him as a regular. So this trade for dman can be done at any point, something like a 3rd round pick.

I would prefer if Flames did not trade for another forward up until a couple of days before the deadline. Flames have 12 games before the trade deadline and that should be more than enough games to see if Pelletier can take the top 9 slot, preferably along side Huberdeau. I would not mind JVR as he will improve our powerplay but even if he joins the team, we still have the same issue with having Huberdeau not be as effective as he needs to be.

If Huberdeau is not our best or second best forward going into the playoffs, I do not see much point in making the playoffs. Our main goal before the deadline is to find a linemate for Huberdeau that fits his style. I definitely think Pelletier can be that player but the question is if he can be that player right away.

Last edited by Naitix; 02-04-2023 at 11:54 AM.
Naitix is offline   Reply With Quote