View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 04:33 PM   #109
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would trade good assets for Duchene, and I think he is a much better player than his stats showed last year. I would, however, not entertain anything to do with Bennett as part of that trade. I think it defeats the purpose.

I would want Duchene to play WITH Bennett. I have said many times that Bennett seems to need someone that can play with a lot of speed. I think they could form quite a formidable line (either one playing center - I don't care) that would be very difficult to defend against, especially when the other line has Gaudreau and Monahan on it, and another line that just excels at stopping the other top lines around the league.

I think it is a pipe-dream though. A wonderful dream.. but in no way would I include Bennett as part of that trade. I guess if you are on the side that believes Bennett is nearly maxed-out developmentally, I can see your point and corresponding willingness to move him, but I still see a tonne of potential and I think Bennett has taken MASSIVE strides last season, even if he put up less points.
Calgary4LIfe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: