View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 02:47 PM   #3531
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I followed a University of Alberta cancer research protocol about 14 years ago that was promising, and then once it moved to a pharmaceutical firm for final testing and getting the product to market, the solution changed course and was only being used as a diagnostic tool. I was only following as an interested observer, and couldn't get my mind around how frustrating that must have been for the researchers.

I assure you I'm not trying to get all conspiracy theory-ee.

If the research lab gets the required funding, goes to human trials, is there a way to move forward beyond that without the involvement of an American pharmaceutical company? Seriously asking, for anyone who might have an answer.
I actually remember this. The wife and I had a good chat about the injustice of how certain discoveries are never moved forward for lack of funding, lack of interest, or lack of being able to convert to large scale profitable commercialization. Gotta make you wonder how many legit health improvements actually exist that have stagnated and are now tucked away.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote