View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 10:05 PM   #926
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Jesus Christ, that's genuinely fortunate that we're not talking about a paralyzed or dead wrestler after watching that. Look wrestling in Japan in notoriously stiff and hard or strong. But that was just outright dangerous.

When you read a lot of wrestler's biographies they talk about working Stiff matches but they can count on their opponents not to be dangerous or sloppy or uncaring.
And Naito is generally a pretty safe worker and I would say has maybe one of the "softest" strong styles in Japan. I really can't tell who's at fault in that on either but this is the second time in the last 6 months that Ibushi has been on the receiving end of a botched spot.

I do think you have a point though. I love NJPW but some of the stuff you see is downright stupid. Dragon Lee dropping Takahashi on his head last June was inexcusable.

The most insane thing is Ibushi got up, and wrestled for another 10 min after that. After the match he totally had jelly legs, but even still. As my one buddy put it "I thought he was going to be eating through a straw for the rest of his life after that."
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote