View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #52
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post

I will stand by the point of my simple argument above that an underperforming player on a high-cost contract is not ON HIS OWN enough to impede a team from winning the Stanley Cup. I don't know why Neal seemed too struggle as much as he did last year, and I am not about to make up reasons for his poor performance cobbled together from bits and soundbites reified in my own imagination. I continue to hope that he will be better next year, but am not expecting much. The situation is what it is, and there is not much to be done to fix it but to stay positive.
You're right, on his own Neal is not an insurmountable obstacle. But healthy scratching a $5.75 million winger is going to be a damn big problem exacerbated by paying your 9th D $3.5 million and carrying other dead buyout money against your cap.

I agree it gets tiring to talk and read about but unfortunately staying positive about it on CP in fact has no impact.

You deal with it like every other mistake. Figure out what the hell happened and learn from it. Which means one thing to fans, something else to Treliving and something entirely different to the Flames organization.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post: