View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #28
SilverGS
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just a few points from what I recall that hasn't been said already

- Based on discussions that have occurred already Treliving is very confident a deal will be done with Tkachuk
- Treliving wants to add edge and compete type players but ones that make sense and have skill. Gone are the days where you have a tough guy only. You need a tough guy with skill these days.
- Had lunch with Ken Holland at the combine. Holland mentioned to him Datsyuk had 1 goal in his first 23 playoff games. There is a learning curve to playoffs and they are working with them on what they need to do (I assume this means Gaudreau and Monahan)
- Yelesin - 6ft physical nasty SOB to play against. Right hand shot. Expects him to compete for a spot
- Zagidulin - Found by same guys who found Rittich. 6'2 goalie who has good numbers but needs to get stronger. Not expected to take a NHL spot at this time.
- Mentioned the league has been working with puck tracking technology to help give definitive proof whether the puck is in the net or not. Said parts of this tech might be revealed this upcoming season.
- Asked about officiating. Basically said it is what it is and no point to whine about it since in his experience it will get you nowhere. Believes there will be "enhancements" to video review process to help get more calls right like the glove pass in the SJ series. Doesn't know what they will be as they obviously don't want to lengthen the games a ton by allowing reviews of too many things.
- Neal - Obviously had a down year. Was very consistent previously. Has played more significant hockey than most players the last number of years and maybe needs a reset. Working with him is all they can do at this point and hope he rebounds. Said no one is harder on Neal than himself.

At that point I had to go back to work so missed the last few questions and answers.

King did pause a couple times and clearly looked a bit uncomfortable. Did mention what he had is quite a serious thing.
SilverGS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to SilverGS For This Useful Post: