View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #42
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I can vouch that Miele is pretty awesome and Frigidaire sucks.

The Frigidaire that came with the new build I moved into and clogged after 7 or 8 months. I couldn't even get Frigidaire to come out after filling in their online forms. Luckily, I was able to figure out how to fix it myself for free without dismantling anything. Essentially, because I wasn't pre-rinsing and running the dishwasher every few days once I had a full load, there was grease that was accumulating in some trap at the bottom. I had to pour water in there and wait for the grease to rise and then scoop it out. My Frigidaire experienced a blockage due to liquid grease, not even solidified grease. I now pre-rinse, pour hot water into the bottom of my dishwasher now every few months before I start a cycle (so that grease hopefully cannot accumulate) and run the dishwasher even if it isn't a full load and it hasn't clogged. That's doable, but kinda annoying. That and the cleaning of the dishes isn't always the greatest.

My brother has a Miele and I am always jealous at how quiet it is and how clean his dishes are with seemingly no effort.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote