View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #58
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_the_redneck View Post
I'd say that is a scare tactic actually, and this is the way the media typically acts when flu season rolls around or some "pandemic" like swine flu comes about mysteriously.
This indicative of the flawed reasoning you are employing.. we were talking about nurses administering the vaccines, not the media. The media does what it does, that doesn't have any relevance to the risks and benefits of vaccinations.

And you put pandemic in quotes to try and make some point, but H1N1 met all the criteria for a pandemic, yet you employ more flawed reasoning by making an appeal to emotion with your "so called" quotes.

It's not a scare tactic to state what is going on.

Quote:
Getting a measles shot is one thing but getting a seasonal flu vaccine every year is unnecessary.
What's the difference then? How can one be ok but the other not be?

Quote:
It's known that vitamin D supplements are just as effective, if not more so than taking the shot.
I've read some studies on vitamin D with relation to flu and cold, and they don't say what you are claiming here. This is a bare assertion, substantiate it with some evidence.

While you are at it maybe you can explain how taking vitamin D can generate antibodies for a particular strain of flu.

Quote:
I have not been seriously sick in years and I don't take any vaccines.
That you think this kind of fallacious reasoning is in any way meaningful is telling.
photon is offline   Reply With Quote