View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

I’m glad everything is still working great for you!

Mesh systems are not as cut and dry as they should be because companies use mesh as a buzz word (like tv manufacturers use HDR as one then they put a dwarfed joke panel in their TVs that display HDR pathetically)

There is several systems that perform really well. I have the tall Ac6600 Velop (not short and stubby Velop mesh that version sucks it’s called ac3900) . This system tested the best for me out of the 10 or so I tried because it had the least amount of loss on hops (transferring data between nodes) the Orbi is also top notch I just found it to have issues with wired backhaul but wireless backhaul worked great. The deco M5 woop Mentioned performs way above its price category and In my opinion can’t be beat when it’s on sale for 249 along with the Asus Lycra. I’m a bit bigger fan of the deco because it’s software is a bit more polished and the Asus sometimes fights with smart home devices and you need to disable a few features to get it working with LIFX and SmartThings.

Not all mesh systems are equal. Backhaul is a huge factor and without a dedicated band or wired backhaul a mesh system will piss you off like no tomorrow if you are a heavy user or streamer. Google wifi although easy has piss poor backhaul and multiple devices slow it to a crawl.

Let me know your usage, house size and price range and I can suggest a few.