View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 12:09 PM   #3940
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're talking about an independent theatre, what you're looking for is something that will benefit from being shown in a theatre in terms of the A/V, but nothing that requires, like, IMAX or whatever. So, visually pretty movies and movies where sound / music is important, but not crazy VFX spectacles. And of course they have to be indy or cult films; nothing big budget or massively popular.

I'm going with Kontroll (2003) and Drive (2011). I considered Pan's Labyrinth (2006) and Intacto (2001), either of which would also work.

Another thought I had was maybe to do a Terry Gilliam double-header with Brazil and 12 Monkeys but I think that would result in people going nuts before the end of the second feature and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad outcome in this hypothetical.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote