View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #27
frinkprof
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
Ok it is what i thought is was. I like and i don't like the idea. Getting off one train, having to walk a block to another station to catch a different train can get confusing to first time and/or out of town passengers.
The good news here is that, where the 8th Avenue Subway and the 2nd Street SE subway meet, there would be a transfer station that would connect both to the 7th Avene line. So you could walk that block underground and surface right at 7th Avenue. Also, north/south blocks downtown are considerably shorter than east/west blocks so the transferring between lines would be easy.

Might not cut down on confusion, but subway lines in other cities are often separated by a few blocks as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporary_User View Post
I also think with all these different wings getting built they should change the names of the trains to simply be the direction of the city they head to. I haven't used the transit rail too much lately, but if I recall correctly the trains are simply called what the last stop is going to be. Since the last stop is always changing with expansion, keeping up to date on what train to take can get confusing for out of town and non-frequent passengers.
I agree. Something simple like numbers, letters, colours or just directions (south line, west line, northwest, etc.) would be much easier to navigate.
frinkprof is offline   Reply With Quote