View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 03:21 PM   #1041
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
You have literally spent $0 in two of the last three windows. If your finances are so amazing, why are they doing nothing with that? You had a team that was competing, not an also ran. I believe you that they aren't the Little Sisters of the Poor, but the market has also significantly changed. Earning 50% more when everything costs 60% more doesn't really help. It also doesn't help when everyone is rich in the PL. ####ing Villa spent over £100 million! We'll see what comes in the next couple years, especially if it is indeed Mourinho.
Well you know you're completely ignoring the most recent window to make this argument. Spurs brought in Lo Celso and Ndombele (who both look legitimate, btw) and spent money this summer. Yes, it took a while, but they did finally crack open the wallet.

And the truth is that squad on paper is pretty solid. I don't think anyone predicted they'd be in this position (I'm sure Bagor is about to chime in, however). I know opposing supporters are gleefully lapping this up, but even they would have thought that this team is good enough to be in the mix for top four if not top of the league.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote