Thread: [PGT] Flames 2 Wild 0
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 03:36 AM   #286
Ziggy Lidstrom
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Indeed gunner. It's good food for thought and will only bear more fruit as we venture into this style of nhl. I didnt watch the game was playing ball hockey but I came here to get the scoop and kudos to you squad for giving me all the insight I needed on this one.

Story of the night seems to be that smith and BP are showing why time and patience are necessary for the acumen needed to play goal at this level. Backs gets greased by the local bully yet is still all heart. Johnny is Jonny hockey after all. Minny is a team that has historically been quite dirty vs the good ol flames. And ref smack again. Dead horse level over here.

Well deserved for smitty but I noticed since he changed his mask he's been more focused maybe it's a superstition thing. His play is looking more sound behind this evolving defensive stature the team is exhibiting. This is a bit scripted almost for what the mindset this team is going to need to culture if they have cup aspirations, imo. This team may be more than a 10 playoff win team. They have a legit compliment in goal to arguably the best 12 through 6 depth in the league I state again. I'm not going to give smitty too much until I see him stay healthy. This will be the best chance most of these vets may ever get outside of neal. This is shaping up for a good if not great and perhaps amazing season.

Backs as a vet included and why I believe for what he brings it's nearly elite. This hit tonight seems dichotomous. I will reserve judgement. I see what matty and gunner and a few others have said about the game becoming soft. It still is exciting and dangerous but with different nuance. Where you hurt teams now is on the scoreboard. Have the depth to sustain. Tre gets a lot of credit again. I am really liking the deal he signed backs to as well. Backs is a heart and soul home grown player. I still recall meeting him one afternoon on the patio at the ship. Summer day and he was here taking it all in. He loves it here. I'm so proud to see who he has become over the years. He is a legitimate selke level center ice man. He took a hit to make a play. If that isnt discussed for his sacrifice by this locker room I think it would be a missed leadership opportunity. That was all heart and commitment by him. Get well soon. But if hes out I'm okay with next man up. Wont be the same but we have options.

Bill Peter's is a gem for his two responses and his interplay with the league and the officials through the media this year and tonight. I had no idea he would have been so shrewd and coy with his tongue. Who ever remarks about him pushing the right buttons you are correct indeed. Lomberg was a great response. I do love how he relished it there mounting dumba's turtle soup. Lomberg is a funny button to push being so small of an enforcer but looks to be an nhl button. But bill is pushing the right buttons as he looks like the kid running fools at the street fighter alpha or soul caliber 2 stand up down at pinbar. He is a very skilled coach and kudos for the comments made about the activating dmen and covering so naturally post because it's TRUE. This team is buying in and we are 18 and 9 and 2. Thanks for zebulon by playing dougie the way u did again gg. And I'm sure Noah will have a very high arc indeed. I intended that one. Judge me if u will. Jks.

And yeah Johnny is Jonny hockey. Hes as close as u can be to a superstar. He stays healthy and relevant during big game hockey and we'll start talking real bonafide level. But it sure is nice having a guy like that in a deal like we have him for. 4 more years hey? This is our window. I'm titillated.

Gio probably didnt want to hurt koivu but it looks greasy. Yet historically eff the wild and all their borderline play. Speaking of greasy how about those refs again? Geez the control they exert towards a scripted obvious bias for their overt ideology of parity is getting people injured. When will the flames and other players be protected thoroughly? That trip on the breakaway is an obvious affront to their own standards. Even though I don't think it's an egregious hit. Big hit of a guy with his head down. Imagine eric lindros in this nhl. Austin Mathews who? He's the reason it's good that tyrannosaurs and mozasaurs don't still exist... he would be healthy and dominating for years. An era.

All in all, it sounds like this team keeps rolling. What do we say if this continues and zebulon finishes with 40 and and hanifin outpaces dougie? This is a dynasty on the rise. I have never seen offense like this team in many many years. The defence regarding some comments here looked airtight. No breakaways no oddman rushes? Minny is a good team and have playoff aspirations despite us beating stalock. I'd rather have bsd as a back up 1b maybe more type goalie to play when smitty isnt going well. Night all thanks again for the wicked insights. GFG

Last edited by Ziggy Lidstrom; 12-07-2018 at 03:47 AM.
Ziggy Lidstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ziggy Lidstrom For This Useful Post: