View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 12:07 PM   #57
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
His last year with the Knights they were not even remotely a powerhouse. Most nights he literally carried that team on his back. To suggest he is below Mason McDonald as a prospect is being ridiculous.

Really? Shouldn't a player's performance dictate where he rates? He performed below MacDonald last season, while being given great opportunity to do so. The glaring weaknesses in his game were exposed, which should directly impact how his strengths are perceived, no? I think he has to come back and prove he can at least out play Mason MacDonald before we thrust a crown of a top prospect on him. He has to prove his junior performance can translate to the pro game, or he has to learn how to play goal like a professional goaltender. I know that his junior game didn't produce results in either league he was in last year, so you should be able to figure out the next logical step in his progression as a professional. I'm not sure the second option is a certain at this point. Hence thinking his ranking should be much lower.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote