View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 09:18 AM   #27
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Some real contenders for second place in here. First place is naturally Lake Bonavista. The below is compiled from a couple of my past posts on the neighbourhood:

I can't speak for all of Calgary's lakes, but LB is filled with city water, so the water is very fresh. The property in general is maintained to a much higher standard than a typical public beach. The sand is groomed regularly, there are a lot of flowers, trees, bushes, etc. There are also rules that help keep the facility nice and clean (e.g. no dogs allowed so you don't have to worry about stepping in mess, no glass bottles so there is never broken glass, etc.).

Also, the lake properties in lake communities in Calgary are private facilities. They are never full and people generally care more for the park as they basically own a piece of it and have a vested interest in keeping it nice.

Lake properties have green space as well as a lake. The below photos aren't even a thorough look at the lake. There are actually two beaches (I think I only have photos of one, there are six tennis courts, basketball courts, a toboggan hill, four or five different playgrounds, beach volleyball courts, free boat rentals (kayak, row boats, canoes, paddle boats and those stand-up boat things)), etc.

Spoiler!

Beyond the lake, there are restaurants, grocery stores, South Centre Mall, an LRT station, multiple schools, Fish Creek Park, skating rinks, etc. all within the community or attached to its outer border.

Houses range from probably about $425ish for a fixer-upper to the multi millions.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: