View Single Post
Old 12-28-2019, 02:42 PM   #228
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I don’t think he’s wrong here. What does the business model for an EV charging station look like? How does somebody make that into a profitable business? It’s not like the gig economy where you let somebody use your spare outlet outside to charge up.
Take a look at how many vehicle manufacturers are transitioning to EV manufacturing.

How many years ahead of the game is Tesla in building out their super charger network? At some point all those EVs are going to need a charging station, and Tesla will be right there to offer up their stations as an option.

After watching Tesla the last ten years, and what they've accomplished, I think it is fairly obvious that all the detractors are simply thinking year 2020, while Tesla is thinking year 2050.

5 years from now I think people will be stupid NOT to buy a Tesla. The price will be crazy affordable as is, and when you factor in the EV side of things, lower maintenance costs, lower cost of ownership, longer durability, etc, etc it will be a financial loss NOT to buy a Tesla or even perhaps other EVs.

All the complaints that people have voiced in this thread are solvable. Longer range? Battery degradation? Quicker charging? More charging spots? Quicker manufacturing? Better price? All solvable problems.

Can Ford make the F-150 more affordable?
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Azure For This Useful Post: