View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 02:37 PM   #4692
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Well it's actually checkerboard rendering and not supersampling but I get it. I've been trying Tomb Raider 40th on a 4K 55" at the store and up close it's not even close to a 4K PC game.

That said, I thought Scorpio was going to use checkerboard rendering as well. It's more powerful but still a generational stop gap.
Correct but I don't think anyone is under the impression that the PS4 Pro or Scorpio were anything but version 1.5 of the launch consoles of current gen. The Scorpio straddles the line of barely being able to handle native 4K and the likelihood is that a lot of 3rd party games will using checkerboard rendering but it should deliver more games that come close and look and run better. The fact that the PS4 Pro doesn't include a 4K blu ray-player is also a major head scratcher when you consider you can get that on a regular Xbox One. I get that Sony fans here outnumber Microsoft fans but you guys need to understand that some people like me don't care about brands and just want the best performance available seeing over 80% of all the top games are 3rd party. If Sega made a new 4K system that was an advancement over the Scorpio I would buy that too. I don't care about the brand politics as that's for kids.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-29-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: