View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #47
worth
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
That's awesome.

I'm not sure if you'd be able to help me with this, but I have a 19 hour overnight layover in Narita on my way back from Bangkok and I'm wondering if I should make the trip into Tokyo to check out the city at night and if so where I should go. I've read that there are some cool temples in Narita, but I'd kind of like to see the spectacle of Tokyo. I don't have time for much as I get in at 4 and leave the next morning at 11, but if you've got any ideas I'd appreciate the tips.
It's an hour on the train either way to and from Narita to Tokyo Station.

My flight out of Narita was a Friday afternoon. I was in Beppu on Thurdsay, and I took the train back to Tokyo all day Thurs basically, got to Tokyo station, shoved all my gear into a locker at the station and just went with a little bit of cash and the clothes on my back. Went for dinner and then researched a club to go to for that night. I didn't book a hotel or anything. I wanted my last night in Tokyo to be awesome. I wanted to stay up all night and just give it 110%.

Found the club "Womb" which is supposed to be one of the best clubs in the world. So I decided to go there.

If you're looking for night life, the districts are Shinjuki and Shibuya. And Rappongi.

Anyway, I went to Shibuya station, womb is only a 10 minute walk from there. I went to 7/11 and pounded back some tall boy ashai's and one of those terrible tasting one cup sake drinks then went to womb at around 11pm. I asked the bouncer in broken japanese and half english if anyone was inside, and he said not very many people, come back at midnight.

So I said ok. Then I somehow met up with a Swiss guy and a guy from Vancouver. I don't remember how that happened. Anyway, we pounded back some more Asahi's and went back to Womb at 12:30am and there was still no one in there. I was getting aggrivated. This was Tokyo on a Thursday night, and there are millions of people around, but there's no one in the boody clubs!

The swiss guy suggested another bar he had been to, and we wentl, and it was decent. I danced all night long and then at about 6am i took off to the fish market, because I missed that the first time I was in Tokyo. Hung out there for a bit, then grabbed my junk out of the locker and headed for the airport. So that was quite the adventure.

You can usually find something to do in Tokyo. I would say go for it. Stay up all night and party or something. I can only speak for myself, but I don't think i'll be in Tokyo too often. Maybe never again. Wanted to live it up I guess!

Edit:

And if you're not the party type, there's still tons of stuff to do in tokyo if you want to do some sight seeing. It would be worth it in my mind just to get into the city and walk around a bit. Or do some research on the internet about a couple places you might want to visit. But just experiencing Tokyo life is something else.

Last edited by worth; 07-11-2009 at 12:56 PM.
worth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to worth For This Useful Post: