View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 09:07 AM   #1573
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Didic was solid against Barbados, but they weren't exactly tough competition. He's a fringe CB who can see minutes in games against minnows but for now should not be considered for a full strength Canada squad. And the same goes for any CPL talent if Canada wants to compete in the elite levels of the game.

I thought Didic was a top CB in the CPL this year but felt Zator, Krutzen and Trafford played better over the course of the season. He did have an MLS deal with Sporting KC for 3 years and was close to breaking through with their first team, and he was absolutely dominant in USL in the 3 years with Swope Park Rangers so he would have the edge right now versus other CPL CB's. Zator is the best comparison as he's a similar age and also looks like he has a higher ceiling. Edgar is on the downside of his career so I think he's on the outs.

Didic is probably too good of a player for CPL. The only reason why he moved to Edmonton was because his move to San Antonio turned out to be a huge step backwards, and he needed somewhere to play. CPL was a place to get minutes, but not where he wanted to move his career. He has MLS interest and I would be surprised if he returned to Edmonton.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote