View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 07:03 AM   #53
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
Alright, I will get to it.

I'm finally at the point in my career (early 30s) where I have amassed enough experience and success to actually be able to pick and choose employers, instead of the other way around.

That said, I transitioned back into my chosen career (public affairs and government relations) from a role in the public sector about a year ago.

My current employer was great when I took the role. I was promised a lot of freedom and leeway to execute projects how I saw fit, conduct meetings, pursue strategies... All great stuff.

Well, there's been some personnel changes in the last few months, the office culture has changed, and so has executive strategy. I am now seeing a lot more direct control in my projects, and the roll-out of a new tech product, which in my opinion is poorly integrated with the services we provide clients, is over-resourced, and managed by a tech whiz kid who uses a lot of lingo that older business people love, but is not particularly well-educated in a lot of other aspects of our type of business.

That said, my team's work is still the bread-and-butter of the company. We are the most productive, and easily have the most wins of anyone else.

It's still good, and had full intention of sticking around, until three weeks ago when I was approached by two recruiters - one from my dream firm and the other from a highly-regarded boutique firm. Both positions are senior management type with a significant boost in salary.

So... my question, what do I do? Do I leave? I haven't been with my current employer for even a year and I really do like the VP that I work with, and honestly, he has really come to depend on me for a lot of things. It would crush him if I left. But the money, and the degrading office culture here... I don't know. What would you folks do? Any similar stories?

So what decision did you make?
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote