View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 01:34 PM   #61
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Its just so insignificant it seems like a ridiculous article...they are painting it like a huge mistake or something.

GM got rid of him and then his team was 2nd overall. Kulak doesn't crack this lineup without major injuries.

Vegas took a UFA that was gonna sign with them anyway instead of Kulak...what a massive mistake for them I guess
I didn't read the whole article but people are absurdly defensive of Treliving. Whether viewed in isolation or part of a pattern, Treliving merits criticism for gifting Kulak to the Canadiens. It was another wasted asset.

As Flash points out, these mid-round picks and wasted salary on contracts for guys with limited roles with little upside accumulate to drag the team down and deplete the prospect pool. We have wasted a significant amount of cap and picks for guys we then paid not to play, or who held down roster spots when cheaper, younger better options could have been playing.

And his response to the Valimaki injury is to double down and do more of the same. Please give me some examples of his veteran depth moves that have been good value for the team. I think the only veteran signings he's made that have been good fits have been Frolik and Hamonic. And even on those, the cost is debatable, and Frolik now looks like he will be moved at below value.
Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote