View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #94
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
The NDP is obviously not responsible for the global drop in oil prices and the economic downturn in Alberta. And the PCs managed to screw things up so badly last time, that Albertans were just ready for someone different to step in. Really all the NDP needed to do was to maybe stick handle their way through this downturn a little (i.e. they probably could have just stayed the course until things got better) and establish themselves as the next long-term party in Alberta.

Instead, they've managed to botch things up with a poorly timed (and delayed???) royalty review and promises of a carbon tax to the already down-trodden Alberta economy. As far as I'm concerned they got their chance, and so far, they're blowing it hard.
I agree. Many NDP apologists keep harping on the fact that the world price for oil is the major reason for economic troubles in Alberta as cover for all the economically irresponsible things the NDP have done since grabbing power only 8 short months ago.

It's akin to visiting an ailing friend in the hospital and then suffocating them to death with a pillow and then explaining to the police afterwards that you didn't put them in the hospital in the first place as your defense.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post: