View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 06:12 PM   #77
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm laughing at all the NE talk, it really reminds me of being in Calgary. Anyone who finds NE Calgary sketchy has obviously never been to Western Sydney.

Also, screw you whoever mentioned the Glamorgan bakery cheese buns. I am now really hungry and wishing I could devour a half dozen in one sitting. I eaten my way around the world and no other cheese buns have ever come close.

Anyhow, I lived in Calgary for about 20 years in the following areas:

-Willow Park: Spent most of my life here and it was a good place to grow up with lots of nearby parks, schools, golf, and ice rinks. I also like the closeness to the river and good transportation being close the Deerfoot and two C-train stations. The issues are there is not much to do at night and the added traffic congestion caused by the mall.

-Banff Trail: A mainly student area where things can get a little rowdy at times. Good public transportation and close to the Uni and McMahon. I also liked being close to Confed park and having quick access to the mountains.

-Ranchlands: A boring suburban community. It is a nice quiet place to live and it is easy to get to the mountains but there is nothing to do there. You also need to drive to get pretty much anywhere (although this is better after the train was extended from Dalhousie).

-Sunnyside: My favourite part of town. On the river and close to the city and Kensington while still feeling like a quiet community. The problems are the risk of flood and traffic can make entering/leaving the area a chore. It is also more expensive but I found you end up saving money not needing to drive as much.
FireGilbert is offline   Reply With Quote