View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 10:03 AM   #108
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I’m not sure I’m crazy about having Lucic AND Maroon on the roster. I think with the hard-nosed play of Tkachuk, Bennett, and Lucic we have enough full-time guys to take that role. Add in a cheap guy like Lomberg instead.

I also don’t see a future for Czarnik. I think Dube eclipses him quite easily this year.

Here’s how I see guys generally slotting:
Top six (should play on the top line, no lower than line 2)
JG, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk

Middle six (can play on the 2nd or 3rd easily, but not suited to 1st or 4th):
Backlund, Bennett, Frolik

Bottom six (Can play on the 3rd or 4th line, but unproven beyond that):
Ryan, Lucic, Jankowski, Mangiapane, Dube, Czarnik, Lomberg

Filling the bottom two lines is easy, lots of options. So adding someone like Maroon makes no sense. If we lose Frolik we can still fill the top 2 lines, but we are limited in options and have no proven options if someone gets hurt (this is especially true on the wing). I can see Dube or Mangiapane jumping up, a ton of talent there, but going into the season with limited options isn’t ideal. At very least if they do have to jump up, it’s easy to fill their spots in the bottom six with extra forwards and AHL guys.

That may just be where we’re at though. Either way: Big no to Maroon. IF we’re bringing another forward in, he’s got to be able to play on the 2nd line at least, otherwise? No point. And who knows, maybe someone at camp impresses enough to crowd the bottom six even further. That’d be ideal.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: