View Single Post
Old 03-04-2016, 11:38 PM   #19
FFR
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Bump from the dead.

The GF and I are thinking of heading to Samana, Specifically the Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado.

Anyone have any experience here? I know Dominican is generally a poorer country, but we don't plan to really leave the resort. Maybe a couple excursions or explore the island its on.
That resort is incredible. I recommend it to most of my clients who are looking for something high end/exclusive in Dominican Republic. It's a popular pick for honeymoons and couples due to its semi-private location. The food is generally very good (and they take complaints very seriously if someone mentions an issue with the food), the beaches are great and the staff are amazing.

The island it is on is somewhat small - it won't take too long to explore it. The downside to the resort is that excursions leaving directly from your hotel are limited compared to the main land. But you can head to the main island for a fee and then get any excursion you want.

It's a pretty relaxing place. Id definitely recommend it. Let me know if you have any specific questions about it.
FFR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FFR For This Useful Post: