View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
FlamesAllTheWay
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Went in Feb 2013 and stayed at a beach resort in Punta Cana. Overall I enjoyed myself but it was a different kind of trip then it sounds like you're doing. Didn't get much into the cities or towns but drove through a pretty big looking street festival in Punta Cana that looked like fun. Resort beach was good but if you venture out beyond be prepared to be peddled tours, souveniers, etc (and possible stabbing attempts apparently ). Did some fun (and interesting...) tours through some resort backed companies.

Honestly though, I was left with the opinion you could probably get a very smiliar experience just going to Mexico and saving yourself the extra flight time and possible cost. I got the impression the Dominican Republic was to Eastern Canada what Mexico is to us in the West, as far as getting there is concerned. Easy flight south for them anyways whereas we have to bounce around a bit more to get there. That was just me though.

Either way I think you'd have fun if you do end up there. Probably lots of fun stuff to do through whichever resort you end up at.

Last edited by FlamesAllTheWay; 01-15-2014 at 12:46 PM.
FlamesAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote