View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #13
STeeLy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
That's great info, thanks very much. Do you (or anyone else) have suggestions for things to see in a tourist sense? It's the last leg of a business trip for me and I've taken seven days at the end to vacation in Hong Kong.

Thanks again.
If you want popular tourist destinations, the big buddha on Lantau Island is good sight (and the cable car/gondola, ride over there has some pretty spectacular views).

Victoria Peak is another big one, the night shots from up there over Hong Kong are very impressive.

There's always the Star Ferry that goes across Victoria Harbour.

You could check out the likes of Ladies Market in Mong Kok for some cheap (knock off) shopping. Sham Shui Po for almost anything electronics related (adapters, phone chargers, USB cables, etc...), specifically Apliu Street. Causeway Bay is also good for shopping as well.

You can walk along the Harbour on the Kowloon side (Tsim Sha Tsui) and walk by the Avenue of the stars, and find the old train station clock tower.

Outside of that, I can't think of too much... unless you count theme parks like Ocean Park, which has the pandas (I believe they still have them), dolphin and whale shows, etc... (that's on top of all the rides they have). And then there's the Hong Kong Disney Land (and it will likely be the quietest Disneyland you will EVER go to)
STeeLy is offline   Reply With Quote