View Single Post
Old 02-22-2022, 01:22 PM   #2088
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
They may be able to trace wallet ownership, depending on how that wallet has interacted with real financial institutions. Are there ways fo doing it to totally anonymous? Sure. But the likely hood of that happening in these situations is small. It also really limits how your wallet can be used, and all it takes is one transaction done in the open to blow it. The beauty of cryptocurrency is also an achilles heel, it is all logged and tracked forever. The other drawback is there is no central authority to have grievances resolved. When someone steals your crypto, it's gone. And it happens all the time.
I think this is where the basis of so much misunderstanding lies. People need to accept that bitcoin and many other blockchains are in fact 'real financial institutions'.

With that in mind you start to wrap your head around what this all means, which I think is that central banks are becoming obsolete. We're so lucky to have a good banking system in Canada but it's by no means great unless in comparison to what 90% of the world currently has to endure for access to a bank account. Every time I have to walk into a bank and spend upwards of 30 minutes doing something that would take me 10 seconds if the person i have to get a bank draft or do a wire transfer for would accept crypto, I hear some other "customer" asking to speak with the branch manager for what I consider a legitimate gripe. It's usually about access to funds or something.

More and more people and businesses I interact with are either accepting bitcoin or are open to me simply showing them how.

I used to work in the 'real financial industry' and had to accept bank drafts on behalf of a company, many times a day on occasion, and have been fooled by phony drafts as have many colleagues. You only find out its fake 5 to 10 business days later. Then sometimes I'd have to count large amounts of cash and fill out paperwork, get signatures pinky promising this isn't illegal terrorists cash.

If the businesses just accepted btc it solves all sorts of problems. They're slowly starting to realize this.
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote