View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 07:01 AM   #39
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle17 View Post
I don't know the guy but him and Dubas really don't have a clue. And after neither of them have achieved a whole bunch, one with an unlimited budget and one with apparently a top cap budget, people will still come defend their ideas about managing teams with analytics leading the charge. Give me a Lou or Rutherford any day as they always seem to build winning teams and have the analytics guys providing some info to them but not driving them.

Couldn't disagree more. It's not to say Dubas has been perfect, because obviously the contracts handed out were a little more than what other GMs would have caved to, but his moves have generally been solid. They've drafted really well, and got a 1A goaltender for a song. He's trying the run and gun style which is a little untested, but the team is on pretty good footing. Again, the Leafs aren't a great team, but they're on solid footing.

If I'm looking critically at Lou, look at his years post Brodeur. He was atrocious right before leaving NJ and joining Toronto. Everyone is debatable over the course of their careers.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote