View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 10:11 AM   #3280
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I also somewhat agree with the sentiment of the video (how can you not?), but Bungie has taken Destiny down a certain path, and it will never become the sort of hardcore grind fest or "true MMO" that some people hope and pine for. In terms of that, we've seen them veer left and right of center from time to time as they tweak the game, but at its heart this is still a console shooter with a hefty dose of juicy aim assist that will largely seek to attract a more casual audience.

The three pillars of Destiny that have continuously brought me back are: solid gunplay, the cooperative element, and the addiction that comes with a random loot grind. With Destiny 2, the former two are largely in place, and some of the latter is missing due to subtraction of elements such as random weapon rolls. I endorse that change however, as grinding endlessly for duplicate weapons with slightly different perks felt like an artificial way to generate time investment in the game. The concept of it becoming a "collection game" is ok by me, but for that to work they need to add a LOT more content to make it worthwhile.

As it stands right now, the foundation they've built for the game has some promise, but it's still incredibly bare bones. This is what has a lot of people down on the game and is the premise of the video above I guess, as it kind of seems like vanilla Destiny all over again rather than a further building-out of where the game was before D2's release.

Oh well, I'm happy to pop in to crucible and shoot at people until the game gets injected with some more content.