View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 03:49 AM   #3276
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

I guess the question is, would you rather they go full MMO, make leveling take forever, make your character feel OP once they’ve outleveled the enemies, make exotic drops extremely rare, all to work towards being equipped enough to tackle the game’s toughest challenges.

I would prefer this.

The fact that the raid comes out 1-2 weeks after the game comes out and is being beaten on day one, makes me yearn for the days of FFXI where it was a literal grind to progress far enough to be able to tackle the game’s toughest challenges. You’d literally play for months, camp specific NMs, and do smaller activities to earn and unlock gear that would help you level up. The gear had job-changing perks, that completely changed the way you played a class. On one hand, it made you less desirable to play with if you didn’t have them (think Y1 Ghally), but on the other it made the game more fun to play once you did.

There was always a carrot to chase. And a reason to chase it.

Get rid of the weekly reset. Let us play on our own timetable. Give exotics (and raid gear) true game changing perks. Allow us to equip as many as we are able. But make them hard as nails to acquire. That doesn’t mean all random drops. It means lock them behind activities that are near impossible to beat without a group committed to it.

Connect the worlds so we can walk from one end to another. Give us interesting things to see and do along the way. Lost Sectors were a great addition. But they’re laughably easy. Why not make them longer? Harder? Make the reward worth the effort. Remove them from the map so there’s a genuine sense of exploration and discovery when you come across one.

There’s so much I’d change about this game, and yet, like you, I am enjoying it because of the camaraderie that comes from playing with friends. If it weren’t for that aspect, I’d have dropped out already.
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StrykerSteve For This Useful Post: