View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 12:15 PM   #2041
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
You just posted a 20 year prediction for the price of oil???

AND you criticized other peoples' predictions for being disconnected?

lol
I am not arguing that this is the truth or that a 20-year prediction makes any sense, I'm merely showing what some in the industry have shown behind closed doors in contrast with the more bullish financial analysts. I would argue however, that we are looking at a longer-term paradigm shift due to technological improvements and fast recovery predictions are bit disconnected with how quickly things can ramp up with even a slight bump in price to make things profitable again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
Not trying to pick on you specifically Hack & Lube, but no wonder most of these companies can't turn a profit unless oil prices are criminally high.... They have no clue what the hell they're doing. Probably the same idiots that predicted that oil will be at $100 for the next century are now predicting $15 oil until the end of the millennium.
There is probably a lot of truth to this. Most budgets and long term projects were approved at much higher BoE. Billions were spent on forecasting and analysis but it just turned out to be more waste.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 03-21-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote