View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 09:08 PM   #741
opendoor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
Was this ever answered for AZ + 2 mRNA people? Do they need a 3rd mRNA to count as properly boosted? (In Science terms not legal)
I'm not aware of any studies that have covered that situation, and even if there are it would really depend on the intervals. I imagine the most important thing is the time since your last dose. But really, Omicron kind of throws all that up in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
Having double Moderna that has been proven to have the highest immune response, the pseudo-science in my brain feels that it'd be best for me to wait til March to get a Delta/Omicron adapted booster shot, rather than getting one asap that's just another mRNA shot.

Thoughts on this? I got my 2nd shot in June, so in theory I'm eligible for a booster in a few weeks here.
There are really too many unknowns at this point. Real-world data (for both infection and severe disease) should come out in the near future though, so it might be more clear then.

But that said, getting an Omicron shot in March is pretty optimistic. Just like with the first sets of doses, they're likely going to be in high demand and short supply, and we're still wholly reliant on imports for our supply. We're lucky in Canada because the government ordered annual boosters pretty early (back in April), so barring any export bans we should be in good shape. But even then, they're going to go to the elderly and vulnerable first. So if you decide to wait, you might be waiting more like 5-6 months instead of 3, which could put you almost a year from your 2nd dose.

If it was me, knowing what I know now, I'd get the booster, unless there was a good reason not to (like a severe adverse reaction from a prior dose).
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post: