View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 12:41 PM   #6333
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
The absence of capital has been a result in North American markets of a refusal to support unadulterated non-sensical / wasteful growth as was the norm over the last few years.

But if companies seek to invest in new technologies they’ll get external capital delivered to them, they won’t only have to rely on higher oil and gas prices (which always go up and down over long term trends anyway). The days of 4-5 guys popping off to just fire up a new junior oil company to then sell for a few million in a few years are over though, unless they have some novel idea for new technologies to test out in things like hydrogen, CCS or renewable tech. But that might be tough to do.
I think the junior game has been dead for a while now. You need significantly deeper pockets now and all the easy stuff is gone. Everything else requires significant technology and money. Only one of interest I've seen is the Proton Technologies stuff but they aren't even public and already have industry backing. I think it will be like tech, angel investors or producers will scoop up the good ones before they even list on the venture exchange.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote