View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #53
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetch View Post
So with my kids starting to try new things I thought about skiing with them. I haven't skied for probably 10 years, but I'm sure it will come back to me. However I have no desire to try and teach them and think I should leave it up to the instructors. Would LL be a good place for them to learn via instructors? Or am I better just to find a small hill (Alliance & Canyon are closest) for them to try. They are 7 and 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Canyon outside Red Deer there is a great place to learn, they do have instructors too. I wouldn't bother commuting all the way to somewhere like LL for them to use the bunny hill.
Weitz is correct, Canyon is a great place to learn. Both my kids learnt there, as an aside Canyon on a god snow day has a few little hidden gems of runs. Nothing to compete with the mountains but for a little place spitting distance from Red Deer we had a few fun days.

The lessons there were pretty reasonable, I got my wife private ones and the kids a couple of private ones (two of them one instructor).

The first time I took them to the mountains (Sunshine) the ripped the hill up.

TLDR: Go to Canyon

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: