View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 02:31 PM   #640
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1473453723040972801

This particular tweet is really what this is about. Gondek admits to not supporting the most recent deal (why would she even mention this in a tweet), and goes on to say how much work she put in to identify new costs since elected mayor (2 months), specifically climate mitigation and road/sidewalk right of way issues.

These have nothing to do with arena construction costs. They were about "how can we add things that I like now that I am in charge and to show I mean business with climate emergency"

That the first action Gondek did was air out the dirty laundry on social media head for everyone to see, and passing it as only a 1.5% cost increase she is looking to play the victim game with the public.

Gondek is acting in bad faith, thought she could push this virtuous climate feel good add on top of a fast escalating costly project (and how it's only 1.5% of cost), and with CESC already balking at the ever increasing cost overrun in this inflationary chaos, CESC used this as a way to bail out which caught the city offguard.

It's no secret how CESC views these climate mitigation costs, considering how often they state it as part of their statement. I doubt this was ever about the roadway / sidewalk right of way cost (though that again seems like a city cost). It's about tacking on additional costs of dubious motive, that started as soon as a new mayor got elected.

The city needs to realign what it's trying to do, especially if the goal as a city is to build an event center in the next half centennial. It's not getting any cheaper and our mayor is grandstanding, and CESC is posturing back. They need to go back to the table as adults (and that's both sides)

More info on the previous deal here which had both sides make concessions.

https://www.coliseum-online.com/flam...e-fiscal-soup/

Last edited by Firebot; 12-22-2021 at 02:40 PM.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post: