View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 02:03 PM   #622
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffeyb View Post
No. Definitely recent. I’ll have to search that out…

Edit. From 2017….Ken King (rip!)

He said the team used to be among the top 10 revenue-earning teams in the NHL who, under the league’s revenue-sharing agreement, contribute funds to the lower-earning teams.

“We have now crossed the line. We are now receivers. We’ll get a cheque this year. Isn’t that ridiculous, in this beautiful market?” he said.

“And I can say, sadly, that we have crossed one of the remedies off the list, and that is the new facility.
This doesn't mean negative net income, it's simply how the revenue sharing agreement shakes out (perhaps not too disimilar to inter-provincial equalization).

I'll speculate here that there's a lot of factors included like league wide sponsors/partnerships, national TV deals, etc. Every team pays a proportional amount out as revenue sharing and takes a proportional amount in from these wider revenue sources...TOR, NYR, MTL will always pay out more than they receive...CGY moving from slight givers to slight takers only means we're more/less average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffeyb View Post
CSEC didn’t make any threats of moving. Their statement says they will continue to play out if the Dome. They know better than to play that card. Just us folks speculating. That being said, if they do comment on relocating, I’d be worried.
"They won't threaten to move...they'll just move."

Except of course for the myriad process that would have to play out first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
She had nothing to do with it. It was discussed with Administration and happened prior to her even being elected Mayor. And as Cllr Dhaliwall and Cllr Wong stated in the press conference, the Approval Authority, Calgary Planning Commission heard the application Nov 18, and no concerns were raised, and the applicant were supportive, even "boasting" about those climate mitigation conditions. Again, even if they had buyers remorse post approval, they could have appealed.

Even Further, The Mayor has offered, and offered again to seek provincial and federal funding to cover those costs. The structure of the condition enables that to happen.
Out of thanks...just want these accurate facts to be repeated.
powderjunkie is online now   Reply With Quote