Thread: [PGT] Habs 1 Flames 4
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 02:23 PM   #231
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I don't take as a conditioning thing when Sutter talks about pace. It's more about making quick plays with and without the puck, sometimes thats a smart short pass, and sometimes its a long hard pass. The thing is to decide quick, and execute quick.

No question that requires more skating etc, but I get the feeling he's talking about 'mental' pace mostly. And its evident these last few games, they're playing with a lot more pace.
Agreed 100%.

Slow decision making is what plagued them much of the season. Not the game plan or plays they were meaning to execute, and that's the point Sutter was making. We were so often forced to play on the perimeter because the speed of execution was slower than the other teams ability to react/respond.

Thats what was meant by "style not system" I believe.

Seeing Gaudreau break in alone with a quick breakup and sprint up the ice, or Josh Leivo creating a loose puck in front of the crease and immediately flipping the puck upstairs to take advantage are the split second decisions we have been missing.

Hopefully Tkachuk is the next guy to bring some of that into his game. But he is shooting more which is a start.

Last edited by djsFlames; 04-15-2021 at 02:30 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote