View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 04:53 PM   #5242
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a lot to take blame for in this thread, in so far as that I can't seem to keep my replies emotionless. It's not a great character trait and it isn't reserved for online only. In my union days I was the most hated from the "other side" when we had our political infighting, which got really vicious. My close friend who was in the union with me at the time said I had a tendency to go "scorched Earth" on anything, even trivial things.

So I certainly take my share of the blame for not being able to put things in a more civil way. I have a bad habit of assuming the worst intentions of people. So while I know that I live my life and raise my kids with racism playing no part of it, and we try and bring them up in inclusive ways, people don't know that about me and are likely attributing the same negative inferences to my own posts.

I can do better, but, one place where I can't yield ground is the ugly personal attack of being called a racist. It's off putting to me to no end, and I can't abide by an internet stranger hurling such ugly things at me. That's where I'll leave my thoughts for today.

Last edited by White Out 403; 09-28-2020 at 04:57 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post: