Thread: Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 04:40 PM   #126
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
I'm glad for them to block the troll farms, but a bit disappointed they continue to allow state media arms such as Global Times to keep pumping stuff out. Supposedly independent media outlets have even had the exact same headlines on some anti HK items they've shared in recent days. Funny that would happen with supposedly competing publications...

I think the West is far from having woken up to the danger that China represents. I wouldn't honestly be writing this if I was still in the PRC, but things are moving so much faster than most people are aware. Alarm bells should be ringing much more loudly.

I am not anti-China by any means, but there are aspects of Chinese world view and approach that starkly contrast with Western values and ideology and will very likely impose in uncomfortable ways soon.
Since you lived there for a long time (didn't know you are out now), do you think you could give an example of things that are moving fast? Is it social policy? foreign policy? military things?

I was thinking posting that from Shanghai (still in your profile) might be a bad thing but as long as you are out of there, that's a huge relief.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote